Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]
Accessibility Customer Service Plan
1. Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities Doug Tarry Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
2. Assistive devices We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we may provide, which may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
3. Communication We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
4. Service animals We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
5. Support persons A person with a disability, who is accompanied by a support person, will be allowed to have that person accompany it on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
6. Notice of temporary disruption In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will notify customers, promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternate facilities or services, if available.
7. Training We will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provisions of our goods and services. Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service within thirty  days after being hired.
7.1. Training will include:
7.1.1. An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard;
7.1.2. Doug Tarry Limited’s plan concerning the customer service standard;
7.1.3. How to interact with and communicate with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
7.1.4. How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities;
7.1.5. What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Doug Tarry Limited’s goods and services
7.1.6. Staff will be trained when changes are made to our accessibility customer service plan
8. Feedback process Doug Tarry Limited welcomes feedback about how we provide goods and services to people with disabilities, in any of the following ways:
8.1. By attending, in person, at Doug Tarry Limited, 358 Elm Street, St. Thomas, Ontario, N5R 1K1;
8.2. By telephone at  631-9300, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm;
8.3. In writing to: Greg Tarry, Director Human Resources;
8.4. Electronically to email@example.com or on disk;
8.5. Customer can expect to hear back, no later than thirty  days.
9. Notice of availability Doug Tarry Limited will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service are available upon request, by posting a notice to that effect, on its website at dougtarryhomes.com/
10. Modifications to this or other policies Any policy, practice or procedure of Doug Tarry Limited that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities, will be modified or removed.
If you would like to provide us feedback, please contact us via any of the methods listed on our Contact page.