Doug Tarry Homes does not calculate home pricing by a general sq. ft. price. Because we offer so many features to how our homes are constructed, we have to price the home based upon the features of the home. However, there are other builders that will offer a price by the sq. ft. It has been our experience that this has often led to misunderstandings between the builder and the purchaser about what was intended to be included. For example:
- Is the ceiling height 8ft, 9ft, 10ft, vaulted or containing a two storey ceiling.
- Does the exterior have brick, stone, cement board, or vinyl siding? Are there unique trim details such as wooden gable beams, or dormers in the roofline?
- How detailed are the roof lines, is passive solar design being considered, are there covered porch areas?
- How many bathrooms, what is the kitchen layout?
- Is the garage included and what is the size?
- What is the grading for the lot? Is it typical or a walk out lot with additional construction costs and is this noted?